[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Baltimore tournament

Posted By: joe freedman
Date: Monday, 26 October 2009, at 12:11 a.m.

I have not logged into this site for awhile, but just learned of the thread regarding the Baltimore tournament. I'd like to add my voice to those thanking Elaine for her time, effort and dedication in organizing and running the tournament. I thought it was rather well run -- unlike in other tournaments, I was not required to begin matches at 1 a.m., and I did not encounter any arbitrary rulings. I found the tournament unusually friendly, in fact.

I hope that Adam has apologized to Elaine for that disgraceful display of whining. I never would have expected such a post from Adam, and hope not to see it repeated. Constructive criticism is fine, if (a) it is constructive; and (b) delivered in privae to the target. Those who do not enjoy a tournament should certainly make their views known to the director, and of course have the option of not returning. Fortunately, the degree of whining evident in Adam's post -- no coffee provided, when there is a Starbacks right next door -- should deprive it of credibility for most readers. I hope that Elaine's decision to retire is not based on this ill-advised diatribe.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.