[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Paris Ruling, Committee

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 31 October 2009, at 10:48 a.m.

I am part of Chiva's ruling committee and yesterday was called upon to help make a ruling. I will give you the entire situation as it was presented to us and hope Chiva fills in any details I could have left out.

The score is -1 -6 Crawford and the -6 player cubes. The -1 player knows it's the Crawford game and corrects him immediately. However, the -1 player feels like the -6 player was taking a shot. He gets upset and they have a verbal exchange. Chiva is approached and a monitor is put on the rest of the match. Not long after when they resume the match the -1 player out of the blue (no verbal communication happening any more) calls the -6 player a 'piece of shit'. Alan Grunwald was a bystander and also witness to this.

Now the -6 player finds this unacceptable and reports it. (or perhaps the monitor did, I'm not clear offhand on this point though it doesn't really matter) Should there be any penalty imposed?

Other things of note that could matter, they are playing on a clock and at the beginning of the tournament Chiva made it clear that his tournament was to be run as a gentleman's game. I won't try to reproduce the exact wording, he can do that if he thinks it's necessary.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.