[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A Puzzle that Reall matters

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 2 November 2009, at 4:12 a.m.

If you are the best player in the chouette, is there some way to estimate the value of keeping the box that would allow you to know how much of a drop you can take? (e.g. if you estimate that you are 200 ELO's better, can you take at 20 percent instead of 22? of course you also have to factor in the complexity of the game, but let's assume no contact and no gammons and no complexity.)

Of course, even if you could come up with this number, how would you adjust if you are playing against 3 players as opposed to 5 players...would the number be multiplied by the number of players?

FYI I am not asking this question necessarily for my personal use, as I am often not the best player in the chouette...but I have seen people who are take cubes to get or keep the box that I believe are too deep, and I am wondering if there is some way to quantify this.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.