[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Poker Hands

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 15 May 2007, at 5:37 a.m.

Played a lot of poker the last couple of days. PokerStars is having like a 2 week get quadruple the points, lots of free $$$ being given' away for certain hands #s [of which I've never been at the right tables]. Anyway, between playing 2-7, O8, and some stellar five card draw, I found myself @ a regular old $50/$100 short handed limit poker table. It should be told that this table, esp. in the early stages, was obnoxious aggressive. Once I realized that it was smooth sailing to what most of you make in a month :) (suckers)

• Hand #1 This is well into me realizing the aggressive state of this table. Preflop I figure I have the best hand because everything has been getting 3 bet & capped. I figured I'd rather have him playing at me on the flop instead of him checking, me playing at him, and then me possibly deciding what to do with a checkraise. This way he has to figure it out. I'm just sad I couldn't muster up a river bet, what's he calling with? lol

• Hand #2 Normally I'd make the continuation bet on the flop, regardless of cards, but at this table it would only get me checkraised. I decide to forgo the continuation bet, see what comes, and decide from there. A decent card skins off and I pawn his face before it's over.

• Hand #3 This is just an example of how bad the players were. How can you checkraise the river? I highly doubt anyone would bet less than a ten in this position and there's the outside chance I've slowplayed hearts. I simply call of course, because I think maybe he's a genius, saw my cards, and played his flush backasswards. Of course he didn't.. chump!

• Hand #4 Position position position. If you don't have it you're in trouble.

• Hand #5 Even I get a little lucky from time to time, even though it sure doesn't feel like it lately. I'm winning but my sessions seem to drag me down, and I'm always down at some point, then I look up after all the dust has settled and am up so guess I can't complain. Here I got gimpy crying because I took control of the hand [he pussed out] and then I sucked out. If I cried over losing hands where I'm only 70% I'd die of dehydration.

• Hand #6 Are you kidding ... how can he call that river bet, what can he beat!?

Worst 5 card draw beat of my life (not boat over boat, but 3 card draw v. 3 card draw!?) On top of this, the hand immediately following I made trip jacks & someone else made quad aces lol. Fortunately I only lost of a few hundred on these hands, frustrating though.

Want a view into how bad 'high' stakes O8 players are? O8 Gimp He doesn't keep raising on the river? Jesus.. what does it take. I was shocked when he just called and then swooooooooop went the pot.

Stick

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.