[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An ethics issue raised in Paris?

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Tuesday, 3 November 2009, at 2:15 p.m.

When Ray accepted his trophy for winning the doubles he seemed to be visibly moved almost to tears, as he said a few words and then stated , he was donating 500 euros to Chiva in honor of the wonderful tournament Chiva had organized. My impression was that it was heart-felt, and spontaneous. It certainly is extremely generous and I think, at this stage particularly, the more promoters can make, the more all players will ultimately benefit.

However, I am wondering if I should be uncomfortable with this, and the precedent it sets. I think there is an inherent conflict of interest( even if only in apperance) in having a director make a ruling involving a player who might be one such contributor. I would like to know the views of the BGonliners. But I hope that no one writes that this is a pre-meditated attempt by Ray to curry favor. I think that would degenerate what is a serious question for the backgammon community to personal attacks that would take away from the discussion.

Perry

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.