[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Santa Fe Tournament January 2010

Posted By: adambulldog
Date: Wednesday, 11 November 2009, at 12:26 a.m.

This is a shameless plug.

I was involved in the early planning stages of this event, but my only role now is to play in the tournament.

My dad and Ed Rosenblum of the Santa Fe club are organizing the event, with Patrick (mfic) as the director and Phil Simborg as the auctioneer. It should be pretty sweet. The tournament hotel is really great--truly international class. It will be an elegant venue. The fixed-price players' dinner will be held at a very nice bistro. The organizers see the event as having a festive atmosphere as well as a great bg tourney.

It should be fantastic for non-bg playing significant others. Downtown Santa Fe is very walkable, and January weather is generally brisk and sunny instead of cold. The nearby mountains have snow for the skiers.

The inaugural NM tourney in summer 2007 had several BGO players: Patrick Gibson, Ray Fogerlund, Joe Freedman, Lynda Clay. I played too. Greg Merriman won the event, and John Bird and my dad got the rest of the dough. Everybody had a lot of fun or at least pretended to.

I hope we will see some more BGO folk this time. I understand that Bill Riles and NeilKaz and Perry are planning to come, and my dad has mentioned quite a few other notables who plan to attend, but many names are escaping me (Malcolm, Harvey Gillis, CJC, Larry T are jumping to mind, I think Scott C. and Carter are on board, a number of the Colorado and California crowds have said yes, not sure who else). I think we have maybe responses from Zurich Mint and UBK and JOH and the Dean of American Backgammon. Everyone is counting on Ray but he hasn't committed. We can count on 4 to 6 Bennetts to play.

A round of tequila is on me for BGO folk who attend.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.