[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

3rd Roll Rollouts Update

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 17 May 2007, at 4:13 a.m.

Finally, I have accomplished a small part of the entire project. I'll admit some of the delay was how I chose to post the rollouts and will find a solution before I post the next 'batch'. Took fuckin' forever, I'm about 85% done now, and should post the rest of what I'm posting tonight.

There are easily over 200 positions, all starting with an opening 31P. So to navigate to what I've posted so far you'd select Third Move, then 3rd Roll Starting 31. From there all of those rollouts should be posted (by morning). Some of the rollouts are 'courtesy' rollouts. In other words I think the best play is semi-obvious but to be certain I rolled it out 1296 times. The vast majority of the positions have been rolled out at least 5184 trials. I used this as an opportunity to review the positions and mark which ones definitely need extending, of which there are a few, but not an overwhelming amount.

If there is a rollout missing completely, currently only a couple here or there, it's because YOU fuckers never finished the rollouts I sent you. You know who you are and you will die and burn in eternal hell for it. I'm finishing up those rollouts as we speak and will get them posted asap.

My math isn't Zare-esque but if we take 200 rollouts, 2 candidates each (there are easily far more candidates and rollouts for that matter, than this) we get 400 plays rolled out a minimum 5184 trials. That's at least a couple million trials I think? Quite a hefty chunk and imagine this isn't even 1/15th of the entire project. Insane.

I'd also like to take a brief moment to thank God, my mom & dad... oh wait, that's for when I win the Nobel Prize. For now fuck god then and thank the real people who made it possible. Jeb is by far the major contributor to this project aside from myself. He's been rolling out a ton of positions on numerous computers and making it a bit easier for me to gather the rollouts. Thomas, Iancho, Ian have all pitched in. Darin sort of has, though he's been a major slacker of late. Comes to Columbus for a minute, jacks a couple of my backgammon books, owes me hundreds of dollars, and then crawls into the night ... gonna have to send my 'boys' over there :) Chuck has a couple rollout brewing if I remember correctly too. [that's my not so sly way of reminding him tyvm]

Lastly, French (pekfrench). He's done a lot of 2nd roll & even 3rd roll Snowie rollouts for me which I haven't posted the majority of them yet. I'll be honest, I'm hoarding them for myself for the time trying to collect a lot of data for ... well, who knows what ;) If I forgot anyone it's because I'm an inconsiderate prick, make sure and yell at me in the morning and you'll have my holiest & humblest of apologies.

As always if you see anything wrong please let me know. Suggestions, all that horseshit, let me know. If anyone wants to help do rollouts, let me know, I'll send you all you can handle and more, all you have to do is fire them up when you get the free time, no rush, and send them back. Nothing could be easier ... cept for cousin ...

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.