[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

32 Giants -- Posthumous Recognition

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 23 November 2009, at 3:26 p.m.

I think with the voting/publication of the 32 Giants of backgammon every two years, as a matter of recognition and reflection, that mention should be concurrently made of the past Giants and/or the past backgammon legends or significant contributors who have passed away in the subject two years -- even if, or more likely if not, the person(s) made the vote for the current two year period. As the obvious example, even if Walter Trice is not voted among the Giants of Backgammon this cycle, his life, record, and contributions should be somehow recognized and memorialized. I'm not certain of the appropriate criteria -- certainly having made the 32 Giants at some time in one's life or having received a certain number of lifetime votes or votes over a certain period of years might be appropriate -- but I'm confident of the idea.

The Hall of Fame ideas are great. But, additionally, I think the greats of the past, and those greats passing all too soon, should be afforded timely farewell recognition by us all.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.