[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants Candidates Part III

Posted By: Christian Munk-Christensen
Date: Saturday, 28 November 2009, at 6:31 p.m.

In Response To: Giants Candidates Part III (Stick)

You don't mention Richard Munitz?

If you want to include Dirk Schiemann you may as well also include the best ever player, Jerry Grandell. Jerry is as active as Dirk for sure.

Your list contains many strong players and mine will also have many of the same players.

You ask for more Danes. Here are a couple more well worth considering:

Karsten Nielsen, full time pro for many years. Plays very low ERs. I have played him 5 or 6 times this year and 3,2 is his worst so far. 0,9 is his best and most of those matches he played around 2,0.

Mads Andersen. Former world champ and winner of the ProAm. Still plays low ERs as evidenced by the 2 matches he had recorded in last season. Those were both 17 pointers in the Danish elite League. He played 2,7 and 2,8.

Michael Mik Larsen. Not so wellknown outside Denmark but his ERs are very consistent at a very low level. I would back Mik in an ER bet against most of the players you have listed. Mik has won many titles and other prizes in Danish BG the last couple of years. He has yet to deliver his break through in an international event but there is no doubt that we will eventually see Mik win big internationally eventually.

Karsten Bredahl. Winner of 2 Nordic Opens. Very charismatic and entertaining. Karsten is a bit like Ray Fogerlund: He is capable of producing very low ERs but probably averages slightly higher than some of the other giants. However, Karsten certainly knows how to win both in Denmark as well as in international events.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.