[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants Candidates Part III

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 28 November 2009, at 8:47 p.m.

In Response To: Giants Candidates Part III (Stick)

Because of all the ambiguity in deciding who to include or not based on the amount they played, and the difficulty of really comparing players, the entire Giant List is highly flawed and will never mean that much to me in terms or really deciding who is the best. But it is a fairly good list of what players are amongst the best.

Any of the top 5 players are probably interchangeable and would be close to pick 'em in a match, and that's probably true of the next 10 and the next 10 and so on.

Even the challenges described by Falafel and Nack are a test of guts and even involve money pressure as well as a test of skill and knowledge. And all of those competitions don't tell you who is tougher over the board against an opponent...just who might play better against a bot.

Some day, I hope to see (and possibly host) a true competition of all the best players in the world to see who really knows the game best. It will not prove who is toughest in a match, over the board, but it would be a written test of a number of very difficult cube and checker positions that would be taken (monitored) by everyone willing to accept the challenge to crown a true No. 1 player relative to their knowledge of the game. To me, that would have some real meaning.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.