[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giants is becoming a political campain

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 30 November 2009, at 4:44 a.m.

In Response To: Giants is becoming a political campain (David)

Thank god in chess we have accurate ratings so all this is not needed.

Although I am friends with Yamin (and live about a mile from him), I have never voted in this popularity contest and never plan to do so.

Whether you vote or not is up to you but the more players with this feeling I think the less representative the Giants list is. It has flaws, and many as we've noted, but it's still fun and promotionally has some value. I know Katja Spillum also has never voted and she would know a lot of the interational players. I wish more people would vote, even if you couldn't fill a ballot of 32 perhaps you could submit a ballot of 16 informed votes.

I have never voted in this popularity contest and never plan to do so.

24. Ray Fogerlund (36) USA

While to some extent it may be a popularity contest but if Ray is able to make the list, there must be some people voting on backgammon ability and not just who their bff is. I try to be as objective as possible and some others do as well. Chuck for example goes strictly on tournament results, I think voting this way is better than not voting at all and removes all popularity from the contest.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.