[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

So you were paid by P65 to provide bots.. PROVE IT !!

Posted By: alex lehmann
Date: Monday, 30 November 2009, at 5:29 p.m.

In Response To: So you were paid by P65 to provide bots.. PROVE IT !! (Bill Riles)

I am not representing that I am not trying to make money. Of course I am. There are 2 types of players in backgammon. Those who win and those who lose. Those who lose do so for a reason. They do it because it is entertaining to them. They enjoy to play the game. They think they might get lucky and win but dont really have an expectation of grinding out a living playing. Those who win want to win as much as they can usually as fast as they can. Some win because they need to support their families and themselves, others win for the thrill of it.

I need to explain a bit about my bots before I continue. My bots play just under a 5 snowie error rate. This is not a high enough level to beat any professional player that can beat the rake on p65. They are designed to just barely beat the rake. Every dollar I make the site makes 2. When a losing player plays my bot they get to play it many many games before they go broke. Once they do they enjoyed their play so much that they redeposit and play more. The players dont exclusively play my bots they play the entire community. I do get a good chunk of what they lose but there would be 0 for the rest if someone just cleaned them out their first day and they never came back. The bots dont worry about their hourly wage so they are happy to play super low stakes and let the players naturally and slowly work their way up to the higher stakes. The bot help the players get a bit better along the way. My bots try their best not to play professional players or those even attmpting to earn a living. I do my best to identify nicks and put them on a protected list (we will not beat them but they will not beat us either due to the rake). That is it in a nutshell... its kinda easy to generalize and say that all bots are bad but it is simply not the case... the imperical evidence seems to side with me, As requested by Mochy I removed all my bots from play 65 a few months ago and the action appears to be getting much worse and crude bots (also hired by p65) take my place there.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.