[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

LA starts today

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Friday, 4 December 2009, at 10:38 a.m.

I am awake at 0220 am here at the fire station. I wake up in the middle of the night often now it seems.

I realized that this is the eve of the LA Tournament, the last ABT event of 2009. It has been a long year backgammon-wise, but a short one otherwise.

Pat Gibson has 60 pre-registered for the CA State Championship. That is a title I, (and probably 59 others), would covet.

As for the ABT race... I am still leading but quite vulnerable due to the fact that I have gone at least 4 tournaments without a cash. I have never had much of a killer instinct. I have been practicing online at GG and yesterday I had one match in which I played an extra fine 13 ER. I would generally not think that even possible for me anymore.

But anything can happen... I recorded a couple of the great David Startin's matches and his best one was 7.9 ER, I think. Bill Riles might want to congratulate him on that.

Anyway... I might win the ABT but I could easily lose it too. If I lose I will have only one person to blame because after taking the lead I basically went to them all. Other players intended to do the same but for one reason or another were unable to.

I will have to tip my hat to anyone who does beat me; be it one of the Bennetts, John O'Hagan, Stick, or Neil... or any one of the other top 10 players in the standings who will be in attendance. For they will have amassed more points in half of the events!

I'll be the first to shake their hand and congratulate them on a significant accomplishment. It is so great that it would probably be really good for the game if more people had the experience. I am never happy when I lose, but I have come to understand that if I do my pain is exactly balanced by the joy the winner is experiencing. It is a zero sum game in that respect.

I will NOT rain on the ABT Champion's parade. Good luck, everyone. I'll see you in about 12 hours!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.