[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USBGF

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 6 December 2009, at 4:54 p.m.

Now that the USBGF is a reality, I am very excited that the board will be meeting shortly to set up goals, committees, and start moving forward.

I really believe we will see wonderful things happen that will advance backgammon, and some have already started simply because we know there will be an organization of the players behind us.

I made a push to get this moving right here on this forum, and lots of people stepped up to help, but it's really all moving forward quickly because of a lot of work and foresight by Rod Covlin and a lot of encouragement from Rich Munitz, Perry and others.

You really have to give a lot of credit to Chiva, who convinced Carter that we really needed to have a player's group in the US promoting the game, and Carter got me all excited about the idea and now he is on the Board of Governors. Though it pains me to say anything nice about Carter, as obnoxious as he is, he is a great ambassador for US backgammon and though his mouth often isn't, his heart is in the right place.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.