[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BGO in the LA hizzle

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 7 December 2009, at 8:07 a.m.

This weekend was a ripe success from the BGO point of view. First off, Joe Russell had a great tourney and beat David Rubin in the finals. David only attended the LA tourney because he had a shot at #1 on the ABT for the year if he was able to pull it off and the rest of us didn't have a good showing. He almost managed it, taking second and getting 10 ABT points which normally would be a good vault up the ladder but this weekend was special where some of the other big dogs scored. Joe's win might have snuck him into the top 10, I'm not sure offhand. He had ~5 points going in from the US Open.

Losing before the finals and taking 3rd in the main solidifying his choke hold on the ABT title for 2009 was Ray Fogerlund. The finals of the consolation saw me against MCG, the second time we had to play this weekend. He completely luckboxed the first time beating me 9-0 and started off the finals in the same fashion, getting up 4-0 before the dice gods let me have a point. Neil recorded our match because he was trying to figure out where to put us in his Giants list, he told us to play well. We obliged, on analysis MCG played a 2.1 and I played a 2.4. Rollouts, positions, general bashing of MCG's play, etc... yet to come.

In the 3/4 spots in the consolation we find John O'Hagan who was ousted quickly from the main in what sounded like a disgusting loss, more disgusting than normal. He, too, was in the run for 1st in the ABT this year residing in 3rd place going into the tourney. He got a couple points for his 3/4 finish but will still pushed to 4th, blame it on MCG for not beating me.

In the Super32 Neil brought home the victory against Dorn Bishop. Next year I think BGO should sweep a tournament from top to bottom. I'm omitted who won the doubles because not only do I not know but I entered with Joe Russell, we won our first round match, but then we were so busy (esp. me) constantly playing Patrick had to forfeit us out of the tourney or we'd have never played til roughly now, and we'd only be in the round of 16. He gave us our equity and we had no complaints, I'm exhausted from playing so much anyway. As far as we can recall to get to the finals of the consolation we played at least ten matches, maybe eleven, so I either went 8-2 or 9-2, all 9 or 11 point matches.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.