[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How would TD rule it ?

Posted By: pierrez
Date: Tuesday, 8 December 2009, at 2:07 p.m.

A few years ago, the following incredible story happened to me.

I lost in the semi-finals of the Last Chance tournament to an individual who had reached the semi-final of the Main tournament (and won a money prize). Reporting this to the tournament director a couple of hours after my loss, he answered that it was not possible.

But the results posted on the wall spoke for themselves.The director then said a committee would be formed to research the matter. The committee decided to leave the results as they were, meaning that one individual won two money prizes in different brackets of the same division (and against the philosophy of the Last Chance) !!!! When I later questioned the director, he defended the ruling saying it was totally proper and fair !!!!

I hope to read in this forum fine comments from TD about how they would have ruled this situation. And then, I will tell you where and when it happened, and the funny and the cruel end of this story.

Pierre

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.