[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How would TD rule it ? Part 2

Posted By: pierrez
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2009, at 2:13 p.m.

@Rich Munitz

Question 1: just this one

Question 2: to my knowledge, that was discovered only by myself after my loss

Question 3: Some players are greedy and even if he thought it was odd, it was free and without risk for him to keep on playing.

@Neil Kazaross

That was not intended at all. It was clearly an error.

@Steve Mellen @Gregg Cattanach @Neil Kazaross @Tom Keith

Of course players should contribute to the quality of a tournament but it is not the player's main duty to check the drawsheets of all the brackets in lieu of the Tournament Director or his/her staff. Moreover a TD cannot tell the player: you should have discovered this before you started the match or immediately after the LC draw. Now it is too late to change anything, but next year we promise, we will double check.

This story happened in Monte-Carlo 1995 in the Intermediate flight. I let you imagine if that has happened in the Championship division (players eager to argue with monster equity calculations), though it would have been easier or quicker to spot the mess because the names of the players are more known that the anonymous ones playing in the Intermediate.

Finally the funniest and cruelest story of all occurred during the Awards Ceremony. I was called up to the stage twice to receive a trophy as last Chance runner-up ! Ten minutes later, a member of the organising committee came to me and took back the trophy saying:"we are sorry. It was all a mistake. you are not the runner-up".

Pierre

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.