[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Money game: 41S-65R-43

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Tuesday, 15 December 2009, at 2:44 a.m.

In Response To: Money game: 41S-65R-43 (Timothy Chow)

If you play 41S (Split 24/23 13/9), don't get hit and then roll 43, it is usually better to make the opponent's 5pt (i.e., anchor on the 20pt) rather than your own 5pt. However, if you play 43Z (reverse split, 24/21 13/9) followed by rolling 41, you should generally make your own 5pt. I think there are only a couple exceptions.

The choice of 5pt is primarily distributional: it is a lot better to have three checkers on your 8pt and four on your 6pt than to have two checkers on your 8pt and five on your 6pt. (It is also a smaller gain to make an advanced anchor when you have already started the 21pt as opposed to the mere 23pt.)

Years ago, Paul Weaver wrote a great article covering all third roll situations of the type 41S-xxx-43 and 43Z-xxx-41, entitled something like Which Five Point? As far as I can recall he never got around to publishing it, possibly because I smothered him with my editing suggestions :)

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.