[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

So I played Neil in the teams

Posted By: Keene
Date: Sunday, 20 December 2009, at 4:29 a.m.

I was quite happily just hanging around, chilling out, spending a relatively pleasing saturday afternoon, thinking about playing some teams matches, when I get an email from Neil Kazaross.

He tells me he has been floated in to play me in the teams. So, my perfectly good afternoon has turned somewhat. I am free to play, so I send him a response indicating I can play. Dont get me wrong - I love playing Neil, but I also know how strong his game is, and that I do not play as well as he does.

We sit down to play, and I am watching the kibbers join the table (we end up with 22, in a room containing 69 people total). Now, I know that he draws a crowd, but this was serious! Many of you may not be familiar with my game, and I know that since its been a while since I have been playing these type events online, that crowd arent too familiar with me either. Its quite a daunting prospect sitting down with that kind of crowd knowing that my reputation will (in many minds) be set depending on the results, and error rates from the match. Every play scrutinized (although Neil's much more so), and every little mistake ripped to pieces.

As it turned out, I had the dice this time, and Neil (although he fought bravely against them) couldnt overcome them. One crucial gammon on a 2 cube that could have been run off with a little more fortune, and Neils failure to hit a last chance ace shot in the last game were enough to seal it.

I had several plays that I found tricky (and will be posting them), but for now, the decision that literally doubled my final PR (well, really close to doubling it lol):

is neilkaz

score: 3
pip: 172
11 point match
pip: 137
score: 7

is baa_kilted
XGID=-b-bBBE-A---cC----acbBb---:0:0:1:00:7:3:0:11:10
on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.