[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Settlements for Money

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 4 January 2010, at 8:11 p.m.

I keep a copy of this settlement chart to help shorten tedious negotiations in Chouettes and heads up play. I put together this chart with a lot of help and advice from Jake and Danny Kleinman.

If you play for money, this should be of help to you. Personally, I don't like settling small cubes, but I greatly favor settlements on large cube so nobody gets hurt too badly in one game.

In the chart that follows, unless stated otherwise, Black is on roll owning a 2-cube. Fractional settlements shall be rounded to the nearest half-point, based on a roll of two dice by White.

1. Black has a single shot, winning if he rolls any of 11 numbers,

1. else losing a single game. Black owes .78 and pays 1 on any 6 or 5, else pays ½.

2. else losing a gammon. Black owes 3.39 and pays 3 on any roll of 10 or more pips, else pays 3½.

2. Black has a double short, winning if he rolls any of 20 numbers,

1. else losing a gammon half the time and a plain game the other half. Black owes .22 and pays ½ on any 6 or 5, else washes.

2. else losing a gammon. Black owes .67 and pays 1 on any roll of 9 or more pips, else pays ½.

3. Each player is off in 2 rolls (no misses). White owes 1.44 and pays 1 on any roll of 12 or more pips, else pays 1½.

4. Each player is off in 3 rolls (no misses). White owes 1.2 and pays 1 on any 6 or 5, else pays 1½.

5. Each player is off in 4 rolls (no misses). White owes 1.

6. Black has 4 men on the 2-point, White has 4 men on the 3-point. Wash with the cube in the center. Black owes .333 with White owning a 2-cube, and washes on any roll of 9 or more pips, else pays ½.

7. Black has 3 men on the 2-point and 1 man on the 1-point, White has 4 men on the 1-point. With White owning a 2-cube, White owes 1.

8. Black has a closed board but 2 of his men are on the bar. White has a closed board and a perfect bear-off position. Black owes 2.64 and pays 2½ on any ace, else pays 3.

9. Black has 2 men on the bar and 13 men on his 1-, 2- and 3-points. White has a closed board and a perfect bear-off position. Black owes 2.87 and pays 2½ on any roll of 5 or fewer pips, else pays 3. 10. Black has a perfectly-timed 1-2 back game with a good board. White has all his men on the 6-, 5-, 4- and 3-points. Black owes 1.6 and pays 2 on any roll of 10 or more pips, else pays 1½.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.