[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Update

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 24 May 2007, at 8:40 a.m.

I'm getting destroyed on all fronts. I entered doubles TWICE and was unable to win either match. Upon review of the positions I took pictures of I played pretty fuckin' decent. (I say "I" instead of "we" because the person I am playing doubles with has never played a live event, he's entering the beginner's division, we were entering 'for fun') First round 'we' were definitely favorites, second round was closely match though they pulled out a few big blunders. I only pulled off one blunder that I'm aware of and it was an oversight, one of those you don't even see the right play. 2nd match was very swingy, either team could have won, went to DMP and yada yada yada. We had it, they had it, then we snatched it, then they resnatched it. Quite a roller coaster but nobody wants to hear a bad beat bg story.

Aside from all that the first day I dropped ... hmm... about $500 playing blackjack. No big deal really, but an annoyance none the less. I also played low limit poker and lost my ass because, well, it's low limit poker ($2/$4) and I was playing like a monkey lol. Lost $260 playing $2/$4, impressive ;) Today I recuped some of the blackjack fee, only won $150 but played a lot more seriously because I felt like I was losing everything I did. The backgammon losses didn't sit well. I also played $2/$4 again tonight but tried to play as serious as I can play playing 2/4 and won $85. It's a slow turnaround but compared to day 1 today was a lot better, except for the gimpyass backgammon. I also entered one of the Jackpots, $500 entry, and lost in the first round. Was a 13 point match ... and I really need to get a vid. cam to record the complete matches because I swear I'm not overly overly biased towards thinking "oh I played so fabulous" but I do feel as if every match I've played this weekend (3 in total so far) I/we have outplayed my opponent's. Been wrong before, but w/out the entire match transcribed I'll never know. I do know for certain they made some rather large errors in the first 3 moves tough :)

I got 2 hours sleep last night, it's 2am and I cut it off early trying to get breakfast tomorrow, get online for a minor update tonight, and make it to the Calcutta. I have no shame, I'm thinking of RE RE entering the doubles tomorrow if there's still a spot. We'll see ... I will try to update w/the players who actually go somewhere. If you have any specific questions post them & I'll do my best to answer.

I also found a hundred dollar bill today, so that help cut out my losses ;)

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.