[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Naccel re-posts

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 18 January 2010, at 1:04 a.m.

Just a little heads up in advance:

I will be re-posting all the Naccel posts (that contain diagrams) soon. It will probably amount to eight posts altogether, composed of the main five posts so far, two after-post discussions, and a side order of squads.

My intention in posting these is not to generate new discussions of earlier material (though that's always welcome). The reason is that there were diagram problems. At least two posts were corrupted for non-IE browsers due to my inexpert handling of the html, half of them lacked Naccel point numbering, and a couple even had makeshift numbers labeled to the wrong points due to a spacing collapse not visible to me in the posting window.

For anyone who thinks he or she might be interested in Naccel, this is a good time to review all the posts (as I'm able to put them up, in chronological order), especially the first three or four. With the benefit of Naccel-friendly diagrams, I have been able to improve the quality of the explanations, further clarifying anything you might not have fully grasped the first time around.

Once these Naccel posts have been reposted, I can then move on to post #6.

Last but not least, a thousand thanks to Matt Ryder for managing to fulfill all my point-number line design requests, creating the images now kindly hosted on this site by Stick, rediagramming all the old posts and handing me the html on a silver platter so that all I've had to do is reedit the text, and for the great FAQ for Naccel he recently posted.

I encourage bgonliners to click on Matt's FAQ and also consider creating their own Naccel-friendly diagrams -- he has made it astoundingly easy. Such diagrams would be especially useful (though not obligatory) when submitting positions for this series or posting Naccel counts for others to follow.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.