[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Before someone asks -- Chargers' late game kick

Posted By: Gregg Cattanach
Date: Monday, 18 January 2010, at 1:38 p.m.

In Response To: Before someone asks -- Chargers' late game kick (Chuck Bower)

Actually, one of the game-time commentators thought the on-side kick was clear, (it was the play-by-play guy: Jack Buck?) I think Aikman pulled his always the 'coward' play call and said kick away; I have never once seen Aikman recommend a correct 'risky' play.

If it wasn't Buck/Aikman I apologize, all 4 games have become a blur. I miss Collingsworth (I think NBC is done for the season). I think he's the best of the bunch.

Also, these 'pooch' or rolling kicks have got to stop. This paranoia about letting the real return man handle the ball is insane. One time this weekend the receiving team ended up on their own 48 after a lumbering up-man fielded and ran the short kick. I think you can only justify this if the only thing the receiving team can do is score on the kickoff, like when it is the last play of the half.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.