[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Open Apology to Pat Gibson, Neil Kazaross and Dorn Bishop

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 18 January 2010, at 3:36 p.m.

I apologize to Pat Gibson, Neil Kazaross and Dorn Bishop.

I screwed up in my article that appeared in the January 2010 issue of The Chicago Point. I take full responsibility for my error. Writing about Pat Gibson's tournament in LA, I incorrectly mentioned Matt as the winner of the SuperJackpot. Although Matt won the SuperJackpot in Vegas in November 2009, Neil Kazaross was the actual winner of the Super 32 event in LA. He defeated Dorn Bishop in the finals.

Pat Gibson runs a terrific tournament twice a year in Los Angeles. He has literally dozens of years experience running tournaments and he does a great job. If you have never attended one of Pat's events in LA, I strongly suggest that you put it on your calendar. If you have a plane, you can fly there and park within 50 feet of the hotel's back door. Don Thompson actually did this last month.

The Chicago Point is a backgammon newsletter published by Bill Davis ten times a year. It is well worth the $30 annual subscription price. Contributors include Kit Woolsey, Jake Jacobs, Phil Simborg, Nack Ballard, myself and many others. A sample issue is available for $3. For more info, send an e-mail to Bill Davis at bg@chicagopoint.com.

Again, I apologize to Pat Gibson, Neil Kazaross and Dorn Bishop.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.