[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Scripting XG Rollouts

Posted By: Matt Ryder
Date: Thursday, 21 January 2010, at 4:53 p.m.

I intend to purchase a new uber-powerful PC later this year to replace my old clunker. At that point, I'd like to convert my existing box into a dedicated BG rollout server. The idea would be to feed it a large batch of positions and have the poor thing tirelessly roll them out day and night. If possible, I'd like there to be little or no manual intervention involved.

Since ExtremeGammon is my bot of choice these days, I started investigating the batch analyze facilities. I'd love to be able to write a program that autogenerates text files with an appropriate range of XGIDs (say, a defined set of third-roll responses). Then ideally I'd like to import these into XG Batch Analyze and set my beast of burden to work. In a month or two thereafter, I may have some interesting results.

Could such an endeavor work? If so, what is the best file format to generate the positions in? My investigation so far indicates (alas) that files written in the standard XG text output format are apparently not compatible with the Batch Analyze option... A pity.

Any ideas?

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.