[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Magriel vs Gnubg

Posted By: JossBeaumont
Date: Saturday, 2 December 2006, at 9:21 p.m.

Hi, i have read the magriel's books which are (at least here in france) considered as the bible of backgammon. I'm working in parallel with Gnubg. Naturely, i was intersted to see what Gnubg think about the plays of the books. So i have set up a couple of positions from the books and i have tried to analyse them with gnu. I am very surprised (and also very desapointed) to see that the best moves are most of the time not the same at all. The most easy example is for the opening moves like 6-4 by making the 2 point which is not even mentionned in the book! (5-3 by making the 3 point is mentionned but not recommed at all), and which are considered as the best moves for gnubg. Also a lot of other stuff about slots, counterplay, etc...are not the best moves for gnu. What do you think about that? I am really desapointed...even if i know i have learned a lot anyway. Are these books no longer up to date? If yes, which good books are? Thanks for your responses

I've originally posted this message on another forum and someaone invited me to Post it here...thx stick...j'attends ton avis sur la question.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.