[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A few Naccel questions

Posted By: Lucky Jim
Date: Saturday, 30 January 2010, at 7:14 p.m.

I would be grateful for confirmation and views on the following few points -

Mirrors, Zigs and Zags

My understanding is that the Mirror applies in Naccel when you have two sets of checkers on opposite sides of the board. For the “standard” Mirror the set on the side with the home board for that colour’s checkers is always one pip closer to the bearoff tray.

If you move a set of 2 checkers backwards 3 pips (zag) the count goes up by 1 (two checkers x 3 pips = 6 pips).

If you move a set of 2 checkers forward 3 pips (zig) the count goes down by 1 (two checkers x 3 pips = 6 pips).

Am I correct that provided you keep them on opposite sides of the board you can move the set on either side of the board the three pips forward or backwards for the purposes of doing a count?

Position

For the position below the blue count was a Mirror for 4 (n-3 and n15) – the rest of the checkers in the homeboard and the n1 and n2 are a poof which just leaves moving the checker on n14 needing to go two pips forward to the 2 Super for a count of 2(2) giving a total of 6(2).

In term of white’s checkers I wasn’t sure of the best way to count this and would be interested in how others would tackle this.

Match to 7, Tied at 0-0
Blue on roll. Cube action?
White98

Blue128
GNUBg Id: /OEdAEBs2waABg:cAngAAAAAAAA
XGID=a--BBBBBB--------cd-ABg---:0:0:1:00:0:0:0:7:8

(Please excuse this not being posted with a Naccel numbered board but I have yet to master).

Final query in this post – in practical terms could Nack confirm how far up the 6 times table a Naccel counter should know for the calculations likely to be performed over the board?

Many thanks

Jim

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.