[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

what happened to the gabe davis thread

Posted By: ed olaughlin
Date: Tuesday, 2 February 2010, at 9:39 a.m.

i talked to a lot of players in sante fe about the pulled thread.i asked what they thought of gabe davis since i didnt know him.most knew nothing about him and the few that did had various opinions.with all the cheating going on in backgammon i think we should be able hear about any shady stuff on this forum and others so we can try to bar players involved in unethical stuff. on the suspected cheaters subject ,i have talked to various tournament directors who do european tournaments and they cant bar anybody without catching them redhanded ,tho they know of the suspicions voiced by many players of suspected cheaters.i told to them the two stories i heard .one player admitted to a friend that he was involved in a scheme with another famous player using loaded dice ,the friend told me about it.the second story is about a famous players association in europe with ron chronister and his subsequent fantastic results. i just noticed that the wsob shootout is going to let peter thomsen play and u bgonliners know of the allegations about him. on the clock issue with reasonable time controls it would help to prevent cheating but some could still find a way and even if it stopped them in tournaments they could still fleece people in side games.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.