[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Pittsburgh Report #1

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Friday, 19 February 2010, at 4:24 a.m.

In the Thursday $400 eight-man jackpot, Gary Bauer beat Brent Cohen, John O'Hagan beat Malcolm Davis, Al Hodis beat Sean Garber and Ray Fogerlund beat Ed O'Laughlin. In the semis, Al beat Ray and when I last checked, John was leading Gary 6-3 in a 13pt match.

There is a ten-handed (five-person) chouette with Dennis Culpepper, Joe Freedman, Sean Garber, Stacy Turner and Abbas Zaltash. Stacy finished the first game before learning it was for 20s and he said he did not like to play that high. I happened to be there and generously offered to take half of his action (provided the others knew about the arrangement) because I believe Stacy is the strongest player in the game.

I arrived in Pittsburgh Wednesday, but I was too busy preparing for the tournament (by playing eighteen 7pt matches Thursday on GridGammon) to actually have time to play in the tournament.

I have not yet made a final decision, but I am seriously contemplating withdrawing from all events so that I can spend the entire weekend in my hotel room playing matches on GridGammon. I will, of course, still socialize with those players here who, for reasons of their own, opt for playing in the tournament over playing in their rooms on the Internet.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.