[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chicago Update #2

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 7 March 2010, at 8:53 a.m.

Just finished playing at 2:15 AM. Gotta play again at 10:00 AM.

Finals of the Grand Crystal Beaver: John O'Hagan vs Malcolm Davis

Semis of the main event: Bob Steen vs David Rubin, John O'Hagan vs Faddoul Koury

Semis of the consolation: Gary Bauer vs peever, Mark Antranikian vs the winner of Lucky Nelson/Tom Machaj

Notes: Ray Fogerlund went for more in the Calcutta than anyone else. I think he went for 325. I went for only 200. Ray bought me, as he frequently does. I very seldom buy myself back in the Calcutta, but I made an exception. Ray is rooting for me.

John O'Hagan's record thus far is 8-0. I am no expert in probabilities (is there a word for someone who is an expert in probability theory?), but I think the chance of someone going 8-0 is very slim, perhaps 1/8 = 12.5%.

Also, I think that some players have a better chance of going 8-0 than others.

I asked John if he is a good player, and he told me he is. He has retired, and he plans to play in all or most of the ABTs this year. I make him the fav to win the 2010 ABT.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.