[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Resignation Sportsmanship Question

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2010, at 1:54 p.m.

What is more annoying to me than someone rolling out the last 2-3 rolls in a gin loss position is the person in a hopeless position offering to resign for a single win when it is not gin that they don't get gammoned -- or offering to resign for a gammon when it is not gin that they don't get backgammoned.

Doubtlessly, these efforts are often shots to escape more significant damage; however, as often, these efforts are just a failure to recognize the occasional payoff to low equity positions.

I think it most rude for someone to make such an offer and then they often criticize their opponent for failing to accept. Then, in the 96-99% of the time that you don't get the low equity payoff, you get the old 'I told you so'. And they often really go ballistic when you do get the payoff.

It's like maximizing your chances, and occasionally being fortunate, is rubbing it in their face.

This is much ruder than just rolling out the last 2-3 rolls at gin. I do that myself and consider it often faster than me having to resign and they having to accept.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.