[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Denmark v. the World - Post by Morty

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 26 March 2010, at 2:49 p.m.

I am reposting this because I'm not sure everyone will see it/have it appear as a new message depending on how they filter their messages. Morten's original message:

Hello Everybody !

When Steen told me that this event was going to take place, in form of 6 9point matches with consulting tie breaker in case of 3 3. And ask if I would help him gather the danish team.

I came up with this idea for the format. Then approaced Gus and his brother in law (his personal adwiser) to hear what they thought. They liked the idea and Gus who always belived that a big money price is key to gather attention. we figured that the danish team could propably cover 200K US easily (his first impression was "who is going to bet on the world") I said well I see them as small fav. And we can propably get Svobo or others to invest. His idea was that the players that I get to sign up for the event should be willing to bet 12500 US each. Note: My idea for gathering money, was to make a list of say 20 players and then everybody in the world could bet on either team dk or the world. for each 100 us u bet, you get 1 vote to place on a player you would like to reprecent your bet. you would get 195 back in case your team won regardless of if the player/s you voted on got on the team or not. So now we would have a race for whom was going to be on either team and we would have a lot of interest (all the people betting. I hope I can devolop the event to doing this for next year.

Now it seems that Gus expectations. That it would be hard to get money on team world, has come through, since so far they come up with 3000 us. confirmed.

Another solution whiuch i discussed with John Koonmen (the possible japanese investor. American and former BG pro BTW) Was to set him or Svobo in charge of fielding the worlds team and then just have a large bet with them.

I quickly found out that I did not have time to make the setup to have all interested people bet on the team and this way find out who was going to play. So I decided that I with help from others would 100% decide who was going to play. As far as the Danish team goes ofcourse we would like to have PJT on the team, but there was rumours that he was involved in some internet scam. So Gus and i decided that it did not look good to have him on the team. (peter JT BTW assured me, for what its worth that he had nothing to do with the scam)

Making the Danish team then was rather easy GUS, Sander, myself was easy picks I knew that Mads easy could get up to his earlier standards so he was in. Then I tried to get Lars Bønding, Brian Elgaard, Mogens Knudsen, Karsten Nielsen They all turned it down. Next player was Thomas Kristensen 1 of the best 7 8 years back, turned into poker, but had just recently taking up BG again. And not only that but he had the balls to challenge me when we met in the team competition in dk. So twice we had matches with 5kus bet on who wins and 5k on the errorrate (i won both matches and we split error bets) Not only that but he was betting size bets on BG with Sander as well. So naturally he deserved a place as well. Trabi was hard to get in touch with, and his interest level was also not at the highest. But eventlually he gave in, and ofcourse we needed 08 worldchampion and 09 vice worldchamp on the team. Last player I had a lot of players for different reasons in mind I will only mention them by name (Tobias Kristensen, Kim Valour, Thomas Myhr, Newsat Dogan, Karsten bredahl,Thomas werle, Young guy who lives in Holland "the Kid") I was thinking of Steen G from the beginning but he had enough to do with the tournament itself. Choice fell on Marc Olson who had a good profile : Young proffesional soccer player, hard worker who just recently released a book, havent read it but Sander tells me its well worth reading. An not to mention, he challneged everybody in denmark, exept Sander, to play 3 17 point matches. And only bet on the errorrate. Only 1 player took up the offer so far. As far as I know.

So that was the danish team. For the world Stick, Fallafel and Mochy was a giving. then I wrote down names as Steve Sax, Jake Jacobs, Ralf Jonas, Johannes Levermann, Dirk Shiemann, Nack Ballard, Mike Senkiewitz, Jörgen Granstedt, Jerry Grandell, Davis wells, paul Magriel, Bob Wachtell. I actually figured x22, Bob wachtell or Mike svobo would be good captains. I tried only to get in touch with Granstedt, Shiemann, x22 and Grandell.All of them could not make it. And in the end it was up to Stick, fallafel and the rest of team world to decide and not me. But we emphasised that several countries should be represented.

Who was going to be the female player on each team, was a tough nut to crack. Since in my point of wiew the best female in the world is Katja Spillum and she is ½ danish ½ Norwegian. So my first Idea was that she should play for team Denmark vs Mika Lidow Whom I think is the best player in the world if she played. Mika could'not make it. So Katja turned to team world which in a way is more right too and she is know playing vs pia Jeppesen. (I must admit I was against katja playing on team world since I did not think it looked good, she has know been living in denmark for aprox 8 years and her best freind is Pia)

I hope this can shine some light to people worries on why he or she is or not playing. If anybody in the universe is interested we still need backers for theam world I can be reached on +45 21 21 41 32 holmas72@yahoo.dk.

Bets on all the matchup is also availeble on betfair.com and will be covered throughout the event. Live stream link can be found here, on nordic homepage + others i hope. The link is not ready yet I understand. I will guareentee that everything will be covered live though.

Hope the event will entertain all of you.

Mort Holmes

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.