[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A few things in my XG 4-ply early game RO queue

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Sunday, 11 April 2010, at 2:46 a.m.

Onging 21 at GS. Ongoing 65R-51. .. When I don't list a score it is for money.

To be started soon, 21$-54 and 32D-22.

Re: 32D-22 I had that in game 1 of today's first Dubrovnik Tourney Finals vs Steve Sax. Allready on my first roll of the dice I was tested but recalled it was close and went with my style vs experts+ which is 22 and 4 pts.

My super-duper-comp arrives early next week. Digital Storm tells me that the overclock is 4.222GHz for this hexa-core HT i7-980X. While XG speed will amaze on that, I am not to be satisfied and since I paid up for some real serious cooling I will check temps running XH when it arrives and if it isn't at my heat threshold of low 80's C I will see what I can do to safely increase the overclock a couple hundred Mhz more.

LOL I didn't think that my BG hobby would end up making me a computer techno-geek but while I work as a trader, my education is engineering so this stuff is actually fun for me and a nice diversion while I rest from live tourney play.

I am hoping DS can put a i7-980X into a laptop and then I will have 4 supercomps for RO's. They have laptops with the top of the line quad-core i7-975 so one would assume they could also use the hexa-core.

... neilkaz ...

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.