[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

:Cough: Donkey :Cough:

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 16 May 2010, at 11:46 p.m.

I just figured out what some unnamed hee-haw meant when sputtering on about how he analyzed the matches he sent me from the USO. This may clear up the difference we were seeing between the XG PR and the GNU ER. I didn't re-analyze them upon receiving them so anyone who has them needs to re-analyze to have the 'standard' PR.

There is an option in XG, Options >> Settings >> Analysis, to make early doubles not count as errors. I'm a bit baffled by why this would even be an option. If you don't want to count a specific cube as an error than you could clear the analysis for that specific decision but to have all early cubes not marked as errors is uh...different. Most early cubes aren't bluff doubles, they're a misevaluation of the position.

I didn't know it was an option until today and I wouldn't recommend using it unless someone enlightens me as to why it should be used. Also, might I recommend if you're recording matches and sending them out to people pre-analyzed to use 'standard' settings or mention the oddity up front.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.