[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rethinking the Chicago Open (Memorial Day)

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Thursday, 20 May 2010, at 11:13 a.m.

Rory and Howard's Memorial Day Tourney offers an unusual format where the entry is 300 but there are several chances to buy back for 60 when you fail to win a qualifying bracket of 8.

About 20 years ago I suffered horribly in a similar format in Vermont, but I shouldn't let that blind me to trying it again. Lets note that there's only 4 chances to buy back, and that some players may be allready qualified or still playing in the previous bracket when the new brackets start. Others may wish to miss a bracket so they can rest and relax (inspite of overwhelming equity to try again). Anyhow, I now don't think that this T is any more expensive than a Vegas event and do think that a nice prize pool can be built up.

I also strongly suspect that there will be some sort of side event or something like stop pots for those who've qualified quickly.

Another plus is that this venue is in a hotel right next to the airport, making transport for out of towners easy and not requiring them to worry about expensive and long taxi rides.

Since I now expect to play, I really have to start watching my diet since Rory's hospitality will have us VERY well fed :).

CU in Chicago ... neilkaz ...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.