[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

You Never Know When You Might Need It

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Friday, 21 May 2010, at 4:09 p.m.

Interesting anecdotal story of a game/match I played yesterday.

I'm losing big and about to drop 4 more points. I have a crunched board and a single on the opponent's three point. He has several checkers off and only 2 checkers on his four point to clear for the win. He rolls 3-1 and plays 4/3*, 4/1. I commented he might have just taken one off and left the same number of shots. He replied: "I didn't need it, it wasn't necessary".

Well, of course, I hit the ace and after his several dances against my three point board I rolled a double to win the game on the last roll -- he with one checker sitting on his ace point. Of course, I was nice enough to not point out the irony of the situation -- not !! Coincidentally, he also lost the next game with a single checker on the ace point. I went on to win the match.

Obviously, in backgammon one should never lose focus and never assume a victory, or a loss, is assured until it is gin. Crazy things happen -- if you allow the possibility for them to happen.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.