[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

VERY useful: Can you import gnubgID into XG?

Posted By: Klaus Evers
Date: Saturday, 29 May 2010, at 10:30 a.m.

Yes, you can!

Well, lately I am playing around with XG. There are some things I like and some others I don't like (or did not figure out how to do what I want XG to do).

Since XG comes along with it's own XGID for positions, I automatically made the assumption that you can not use the gnubgID. And under File -> Import -> Position from Clipboard there is no hint (or wording) that one could import a gnubgID

This made me sad, because I have many, many positions from gnubg saved as html files and often want to see what XG thinks about these positions. But I am too lazy to set up the board in XG from scratch.

Just out of the blue, today I just tried to copy & paste a gnubgID into XG, and to my big surprise and happiness it worked!

For sure, many of you much smarter than me already figured that out on your own. But I thought it might be a good idea to share this new feature with those who are new to XG or dumb like me ;-)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.