[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My Quintuple Whopper

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 31 May 2010, at 2:38 p.m.

I hope no one thinks I am bragging, but XG says my checker play error in the position shown below was .534. Snowie gives only the twenty best plays, and mine was not among them.

My excuse? It was my seventh 9pt match of the session, and, playing way too quickly, I thought the 18pt looked so beautiful at the time. I am very sure that no bgonline readers (at least no bgonline posters) have ever made an error larger than .050.

Again, I hope no one thinks I am bragging about the size of my errors, but last week, I made a much bigger error with my 55. I rolled a super joker that hit (21/11*) and covered (13/3). I got the cover part right, but I missed the hit. XG said my error was on the wrong side of .900. I have a lot of respect for those players experienced enough to spot long-distance hits two quadrants away.

By the way, what is the word for a 9 X whopper? (Double whopper, triple whopper, quadruple whopper,.....)

is shimohei

score: 3
pip: 142
9 point match
pip: 211
score: 3

is peever
XGID=-----bC-B--AcD--ab-e-bBBA-:0:0:1:54:3:3:0:9:10
to play 54

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.12

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.