[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I'm Sure All Have Awaited my Opinion

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Thursday, 3 June 2010, at 3:45 a.m.

I don't really have an axe to grind on Chicago, I wasn't there this year. I do find it of note that there was probably more comment and interest on this tourney on this forum than any other tournament in the recent past.

I'm not around Rory nearly as much as some others but I, as at least one other has stated, think he is of good heart and intention. He has put a tremendous amount of effort into the promotion of the Chicago Memorial Day tournament. He was willing to introduce a new format in an attempt to provide more play for participants -- each can judge the success. He may not have the best, or the most refined, social skills but I don't think anything he says is malicious. I regard him as a friend and appreciate his efforts.

It does, however, strike me that the one who has the frequent habit of telling other people to shut their f'ing mouths is the one who many would appreciate if he'd shut his own (f'ing?) mouth. In my several, public feuds with this individual I've OFTEN had other parties, including parties to particular discussions, privately encourage me or otherwise express their appreciation (thank me) for my standing up for them, or for my principles, against the bully mouth. I think I'm fair and consistent. I'm candid, I don't back down.

Yes, he does, and has done, a lot of good for backgammon; however, he does a lot of bad for backgammon also. It would be nice if he restricted it to the former.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.