[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BGOnline etiquette suggestion

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Tuesday, 8 June 2010, at 2:17 a.m.

People sometimes post positions here without following up with a rollout. I have no problem with that; there are many valid reasons not to post a rollout. For example maybe you don't have the computer resources for it, or maybe you think the rollout isn't meaningful because the bot will misplay it. However, I have a suggestion: If you do not plan to post a rollout within a day or two, please say so when you post the position. That way someone else can volunteer to do the rollout.

Currently, what I do if a position interests me is to wait a couple of days to see if the rollout appears. If it does not, then I start my own rollout. This works, sort of, but sometimes I lose track of all the positions I'm interested in. For example, as I type this now, I remember that Paul Weaver posted some positions a while ago before he got sick, and never got around to posting the rollouts after he got well again. I might go back to those but I have many other positions queued up. I think that there will be more than enough volunteers to roll out all the positions that get posted here if we just set up a simple system.

To summarize my suggestion: Person who posts a position will be assumed to post a rollout within a day or so. If not, then the poster says so when posting the position. Then anyone can post a reply, volunteering to do the rollout. First to respond does the rollout, and posts it, waiting at least 24 hours. Sound good?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.