[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

ER - MWC - PPG Conversions

Posted By: Alejandro
Date: Tuesday, 8 June 2010, at 9:48 p.m.

Has anyone got reliable data showing either the Match Winning Chances or Points Per Game advantage that can be gained for corresponding error rates? It would seem to me to be somewhat farcical if so many players strive to achieve the lowest possible error rate when they have little or no understanding of how much of a favourite they would be against a weaker player. Surely a table must have been constructed by the programmers in the beginning outlining the potential equities.

Back when I was learning backgammon in 08/09 I played money games on Play65 and managed to lose big money over the course of a month playing at a 5 ER vs 10 ER opponent avg. Of course my luck rate for the month was atrocious. If I remember correctly I was averaging about 0.2ppg over my opponents during my time with Play65.

Any information clarifying the mystery of the error rate would be most appreciated.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.