[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Autorecording Board?

Posted By: johnk
Date: Monday, 5 July 2010, at 10:11 p.m.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could play on a regular backgammon board and have our matches automatically recorded. Having just returned from the Flint tournament - Thanks Carol, Sam and everyone else! - my biggest regret besides not playing like KW - Congrats Kit and all the other winners! - was that I couldn't record all the great positions that came im matches I both played and watched - especially in some of Ray's backgames. Does such a board exist? If not some creative person out there should come up with something. Would be great to have lots of tournament condition matches to analyze. I would think it should be as close to a regular BG board as possible but I'd be willing to settle for some compromises - like electronic dice as long as we know they are fair - if it made implementation easier. (And speaking of fair dice sometimes I wonder how random dice cup dice really are - like after rolling the same double 3 times in a row - usually from the bar.) It could be set up to record each position at the touch of a button which could be tied into a built-in clock. It seems there would be a market for such a board so all you entrepreneurs out there get to work!

Thanks,

John Klein

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.