[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I'm not a very good cheater

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Wednesday, 7 July 2010, at 4:53 p.m.

After the thread a week or so ago questioning whether Backgammon NJ cheats, I decided to test my curiosity.

The program gives you the ability at any point in time to look at the next 100 dice rolls about to come.

I decided to play a game in which I would always look at the upcoming rolls and make my plays with the foreknowledge of what was coming. Of course, I would be verifying that the listed future dice rolls did indeed appear each time and that I could do things like leave shots knowing they would not be hit, etc. I can now confirm with certainty that in all cases, the future dice rolls listed did in fact emerge as actual dice rolls each turn no matter how I played.

I only looked at the next 2 or 3 rolls on each play and all went according to plan as I trapped several of the bot's checkers behind my prime. During my bear-off, I noted that the bot was about to roll 66 and would be forced from my home board, so I just ripped checkers off leaving blots knowing they would be missed.

Well guess what? Contact was broken and the bot proceeded to roll several sets of doubles to win the race.

I obviously suck at this game if I can't manage to win while knowing in advance for the entire game what the upcoming dice rolls will be.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.