[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USBGF Ratings: Update, and software development help needed

Posted By: Rich Munitz
Date: Saturday, 10 July 2010, at 3:36 a.m.

For those who didn't see the last post on the topic, USBGF ratings and stats can be viewed at: http://usbgf.org/member-ratings/

Thanks to all who have helped us through discovery of some initial glitches.

We are continuing to make nice progress entering results from events in 2010 and continuing to fill the gaps in 2009. There are now 23 ABT tournaments from 2009 and 2010 contributing to ratings and stats data. Stats now include about 840 players

I am also happy to report that the need to assign 0.01 ABT points to players to get them to appear in the standings has been eliminated and all of those point crumbs have been removed.

There are many things to be done to build out this system to provide more stats, more functionality, new kinds of master points systems, etc. We need the help of software developers from the backgammon community to make this possible.

Do you have a strong background in Object Oriented Programming, the PHP programming language and MySQL? Would you like to get involved and help the USBGF to take backgammon to the next level? If so, I'd like to hear from you. Respond here or send me an email.

Do you know someone else from the backgammon community that might be a fit for this team? Please pass this along.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.