[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USBGF - For the Future

Posted By: John McDonald
Date: Tuesday, 20 July 2010, at 12:28 a.m.

We ( I'm Canadian but if you let me I'm in ) now have a USBGF who's mandate is to advancing the awareness, participation, education and enjoyment of the skill-based game of backgammon. We also have the ABT which has approximately 20 tournaments per year. Why not just charge a $1.00 USBGF fee for each and every registrant for every tournament. The TD directors could collect the money on behalf of the USBGF. Within the first year I believe they could afford exceptional video equipment for members to borrow to take to any and all tournaments for broadcasting ( Like the Monte Carlo BG world Championships ). Within 5-7 years they would be self sufficiant and be able to continue with programs to enhance the BG community, develop programs to teach backgammon, and develop programs to attract new players. No body would complain about $1.00, everyone would benefit.

Just a thought

John McDonald

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.