[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

61P-62R-52S-22N-32?

Posted By: John O'Hagan
Date: Thursday, 29 July 2010, at 8:56 p.m.

In Response To: 61P-62R-52S-22N-32? (Timothy Chow)

24/22 13/10 is the default play in this sort of position. It doesn't look real good here though since it leaves 15 shots, strips the mid, and all too often you'll end up with a weak 22-pt game with 3 men behind a 5-prime. But there might not be a better choice availabale. You could make the 22 and slot the 5 or 3 pts. with the 3 but slotting the 5 means stripping the 8 and the 3 pt. isn't really that crucial at the moment. 13/8 is safe but maybe a little too stacked up. 6/1x takes away half the oppt's roll but hitting loose on the ace when you have constructive alternatives is usually wrong. 8/5 7/5 or 7/4 6/4 make a good inside point but leave direct 6s to hit on the bar plus some 5s and 3s will attack your blot on the 22-point. Being hit with a 6 will send a third man back but that won't be a huge negative for you in this position. That third man back might allow you to make the 20 or the 18-pt, either of which would be an improvement over the 22. Also, some of the hitting 6s are duped so the loss from being hit isn't that great. The problem with slotting while your back men are split is that the opponent can attack your back men if he can't hit the blot on your side of the board. In this position, D5 and 53 PoH (with D4 I think White plays 24/16 and makes the bar) while 52 hits twice. I think you are supposed to make your 4 or 5-point here. Not sure which one but I like the fact that making the 4 unstacks the 6 so that would be my choice. 7/4 6/4.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.