[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

52S-43H-51 -1-3

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Thursday, 12 August 2010, at 10:46 a.m.

In Response To: 52S-43H-51 -1-3 (Paul Weaver)

Some time ago, there was discussion here about writing cube position into scores. One suggestion was to bracket the cube value next to the score of the player owning the cube. Another was to separate the cube from the score with a slash, saving a character. (If no cube listed, cube is assumed to be centered.)

Also, when one of the players needs 1 (i.e., "-1"), it is nice to see a clarification of whether the position is Crawford (c) or post-crawford (p). This can be done by writing a "c" or "p" after or instead of the 1.

Here, for example, the header might read one of the following ways:

52S-43H-51 [2]-p-3
52S-43H-51 [2]-1p-3
52S-43H-51 2/-p-3
52S-43H-51 2/-1p-3

Also, I usually like to add "at" or a comma between the end of the move string and the score, for readability (a mere space is a bit thin), though I think it's overkill when you've got the cube bracket as a buffer.

That said, if you are satisfied with conveying the essence of the score (given the cube is already turned), you could write "51S-43H-51 at GS" in this case, right?

For the 52S-43H-51 play itself, I would reflexively slot (Bar/20 6/5) for money. At GS, it's a tougher problem -- not sure, might depend on opponent.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.