[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PGA Championship -- OT

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 16 August 2010, at 12:52 a.m.

Great dramatic day of golf viewing.

Congrats to the winner Martin Kaymer of Germany. But wow, can Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson hit a golf ball a long way. And Rory McIlroy is going to be fabulous. Great to see all the new young talent coming forth. I've always been a Phil fan and despised tigger -- but I think their era is beginning to close.

What a disaster to have Dustin Johnson penalized out of the playoff. Funky rule and ruling but apparently it was well advertised and noted to the players. But if all those thousand bunkers are going to be played as bunkers -- whether there inside the ropes or not -- then keep the spectators out of them. Can you imagine the uproar if he had made that last putt to win outright rather than going into a playoff?

And, the million dollar question -- actually two questions. As tigger did not qualify for the U.S. Ryder Cup team, should Captain Corey Pavin pick him with one of his four captain's picks? Will he?

My opinions are that he should not pick him, but he will. There will be too much pressure from TV, sponsors, PGA, etc. to pick him. The downside is that someone playing well and more deserving will lose a place on the team just because of tigger's inclusion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.