[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Thurs. June 28th

Posted By: Steve Mellen
Date: Friday, 29 June 2007, at 12:31 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Thurs. June 28th (MandM1951)

Since you asked...

This was in the consolation and both players mistakenly thought it was a match to 9. One player built an 8-0 lead, and the other player fought back to 8-8 before someone noticed they were playing to the wrong length. The director ruled that the game they were currently playing would remain the decisive game, and the second player completed his comeback.

I seem to remember we discussed this ruling a while back on GoL, with a number of people taking the position that the ruling was wrong and the first player who reached 7 points should have been awarded the match. I confess I see the temptation to let the matter be decided over the board, given that the match had already reached 8-8.

Once upon a time I found someone who took the position that the ruling was correct at 8-8, but if the score were instead 8-7 to 9 with the cube on 2, they would have awarded the match to the leader. Now that was a weird one.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.