[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Peeved Peever Whines

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 22 August 2010, at 2:16 a.m.

A total of four positions from my second match with Michy are shown below. I philosophize after the last.

Position 1

From this position, I (White) never moved again until Michy (Black) started bearing off while I had five on the roof. Getting a shot in the bearoff with five up, I hit, but Michy showed what a strong player he is by coming in and out with 26.

is Player 2

score: 6
pip: 138
9 point match
pip: 131
score: 0

is Player 1
XGID=a-bBBBBB-A--AA---c-db-cAA-:1:-1:-1:00:0:6:0:9:10
on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.21

Position 2

On the other hand, if I wanted to win the match, maybe I should not have given such an absurdly early double at -9 -3, as shown below.

is Player 2

pip: 149
9 point match
pip: 157

is Player 1
XGID=-b----EBB---cD---d-d-Ab-A-:0:0:1:00:0:6:0:9:10
on roll, cube action?

Postion 3

And if I really wanted to win, maybe I should have found the right checker play here:

is Player 2

pip: 142
9 point match
pip: 153

is Player 1
XGID=-a-a-BCBB---cD---c-dA-cA--:0:0:1:34:0:6:0:9:10
to play 34

Position 4 And if I really really wanted to win the match, maybe I should not have made such a pussy pass (double whopper with cheese) in Game 1:

is Player 2

pip: 140
9 point match
pip: 146

is Player 1
XGID=---BbBC-B---bD--abbccA-A--:0:0:-1:00:0:0:0:9:10
on roll, cube action?

When really great whiners tell their sad woeful stories, they neglect to mention any errors they may have made in the match. Their implication is, "I played perfectly, and would have won if my opponent had not been so incredibly lucky."

As I have stated before on this site, I have a great deal of admiration and respect for those who are skilled and experienced in the fine art of whining. I desire to emunlate them, but if I mention my errors immediately after I tell my sad story, I am doing something no great whiner would ever consider doing.

I humbly acknowledge that I have a long way to go and a lot to learn before I could possibly compete with the USA's premier whiner, whoever that might be.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.